   Re: [xml-dev] performant templating language for XML

Nathan Young wrote:

> We are pretty well committed to serving pages from a java servlet
> container.  Each request requires one main transform where the XML is
> up  to 80k (very occasionally very much larger, but those larger cases
> might  be able to be pre-rendered), and up to two additional transforms
> on <10k  docs.  We're looking at peaks of 10 users per second.

10 user/second should not be problem for XSLT. If your test shown that
XSLT can't serve this traffic there was probably something wrong in your
pipeline. Do you start XSLT process for each request, or is it XSLT
processor loaded in memory once and then serves many request? Do you
parse stylesheets for each request or do you store them procompiled in
memory for further use? Did you considered using some XSLT processor
that compiles XSLT into byte-code or native code (e.g. XSLTC, .NET 2.0).
Can you employ some caching strategy? If you work in Java environment it
is worth to try Cocoon as it implements many caching scenarios
out-of-the box.

				Jirka

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature