   Re: [xml-dev] performant templating language for XML

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 15:03:32 -0800, Nathan Young <natyoung@cisco.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm going to ask the following question:  Is there a good templating
> language that can be used to build a high demand website from a collection
> of XML documents?

You might want to look over some of the Cocoon-dev mailing list.
Using Cocoon and Saxon with a caching pipeline setup you shouldn't
have much problem using pure XSLT and XML to do what you describe.

The Cocoon people are currently bouncing around what makes a good
templating language, some interesting discussion but I don't think I'd
recommend anything specific. We do something proprietary, but it's
basically multiple XML documents built according to context with rules
on how to combine them coded in XSLT.  Our loads are smaller than what
you describe but we do a lot of very complex dynamic page building
with sub-second response time.  With multiple front ends we could
reach the loads you describe; currently the physical implementation is
a single DB server and a single app server.

--
Peter Hunsberger