   XLink - anyone using?

I am a newbie to the list and I would like to say hi!

My question is this: Is anyone using XLink?  How useful do you find it?
What implementations are out there?

Background:  I am work for a big aerospace company and we are converting
all out procedures from Framemaker to XML.  Everything is stored in
Documentum.  These procedures have tons of links:  Links to other
procedures, links to MS Office documents, but mostly, links to other
sections in the same procedure.

We have our Documentum XML application set up so that each section is a
chunk.  Therefore, we can't use an internal (IDREF) linking mechanism when
linking between sections.  So, I am trying to figure out what the best
method of linking between sections would be.  I am also looking at linking
between sections in other documents (i.e. document #331 section 3 has a
link to document #335 section 5).

Nadia Swaby