   Re: [xml-dev] A bunch of components, but no mandated organization- reaso

>>Nothing else is involved,
>

> Absolutely not true... you conveniently forgot the web server
> and the soap layers and a whole lot of other practical
> complexities... it's a multi-level stack system for
> crying out loud.

Only if you let it be.  I guess my earlier note was too obtuse.  If you
don't need all the WS-xxx stuff, *don't use it.*  If you don't need an
Apache or IIS implementation for HTTP, *don't use it.*  If you want to
send "raw" XML over TCP, future-proof yourself and put your elements
inside a SOAP container.  Is this more clear?

> Let me ask you a question though... do you actually
> use it in your day to day business? or is it merely
> something you just recommend to others to buy?

I used to use it more before my current job, which is now focused on
building infrastructure.  But if I were going to build a distributed
application today, I'd make it SOAP-based, absolutely.  (Did you intend
to make your question kind of snippy?  That's a rhetorical question --
of course you did. :)

	/r$

--
Rich Salz, Chief Security Architect