   Re: [xml-dev] Even if you're not ... was If you're going to the W3C meet

On Thursday 27 January 2005 08:18 pm, Liam Quin wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 10:58:17AM -0500, David Lyon wrote:
> > Interesting to hear about W3C meetings....
> >
> > in the real world it's:
> >    http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/297/5585/1259
>
> Interesting to hear you think W3C isn't in the "real world" --
> are we perceived as too academic (by you at least) or do
> we ocupy some alternate universe? :-)

Hey... don't argue with me, I know I'm crazy....

I come from a place where Mel Gibson and his Mad Max character
is seen as some sort of role model....

but no one doubts that the W3C is a very respectable organisation..

I imagine that there is no food throwing... and no one brings mud or sand
through the doors on their shoes.... what more could anyone want?

but are small business and big business alternate universes? yes
they are...

Is Industrial America different than industrial Asia ? yes. Does
India have much xml for all its programmers ? no.

What does this mean ? That you guys are so pre-occupied with
the APIs that you're not really working on better ways to use
what you have got.....

Anyway... I'm very happy with my alternate universe as you put
it.. I used to like watching that show Sliders when it was on...
and yes... my Dell monitors probably did fall through some sort
of a Stargate....

Computergrid : The ones with the most connections win.