   Re: [xml-dev] Compound Documents? RE: [xml-dev] Announcement of the NVDL

Bob Foster wrote:
> Roger L. Costello wrote:
> [snip]
>  > I interpret Murata's slides as saying that with NVDL you can insert
> elements
>  > from another namespace into the <Book>...</Book> element.
>
> I don't. Sticking arbitrary namespaces into an element would fail to
> validate against the schema unless it specifically allowed for such
> insertions, e.g., through wildcards.

Roger is right.  NVDL allows you to validate XHTML+SVG documents
without rewriting XHTML schemas or introducing wildcards
to them.

An appendix of NVDL shows a much more complicated example: XHTML +
XForms.  It is particularly difficult, since XHTML and XForms are
intersperced.  See ISO/IEC FCD 19757-4, which is available at:

  http://www.jtc1sc34.org/repository/0586.pdf

Cheers,

--
MURATA Makoto <murata@hokkaido.email.ne.jp>