   Re: [xml-dev] xml 2.0 - so it's on the way after all?

On Friday 04 February 2005 10:59 am, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:
> > The earliest work with a publishing system within IBM certainly goes
> > back to the 1970s, and quite possibly the 60s.
>
> http://www.sgmlsource.com/history/roots.htm
>
>     .... Later in 1969, together with Ed Mosher and Ray Lorie, I
>     invented Generalized Markup Language (GML) to solve the data
>     representation problem.  ....
>
> David

That's really good. I guess "contribution" is the right word to
any extra work that might be done with xml.

I really had no idea that xml was so old and there was so much
history to it. And here i was thinking it just sprung up in the
tech boom of the 1990s.

Computergrid : The ones with the most connections win.