   Re: [xml-dev] xml 2.0 - so it's on the way after all?

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 22:31:32 +0000, Christian Nentwich
<christian@systemwire.com> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> you are right, this is not the time for diplomacy, it's the time for
> the battle axe.

Umm, that wasn't me, that was Robert...

> I see two futures, the simplified one and the courageous one. In the
> simplified future, parameter entities are DEAD DEAD DEAD and not getting
> up again. DTDs are DEAD, general entities are defined in schemas and
> used for character codes ONLY. Somebody has a brilliant ideas about
> namespaces. Hey - it could even be compatible with a large chunk of
> the XML that is out there, certainly any I designed.

That's more or less what I'd personally want, but I'm not a Schema fan
either, I'd almost rather have DTDs in some simplified form...

> In the courageous future we allow
> the DOM tree species :).
>
> Anything less is no fun, might as well keep XML 1.0.

So far not much persuades me there's need for otherwise...

--
Peter Hunsberger