   Re: [xml-dev] xml 2.0 - so it's on the way after all?

Peter,

you are right, this is not the time for diplomacy, it's the time for
the battle axe.

I see two futures, the simplified one and the courageous one. In the
simplified future, parameter entities are DEAD DEAD DEAD and not getting
up again. DTDs are DEAD, general entities are defined in schemas and
used for character codes ONLY. Somebody has a brilliant ideas about
namespaces. Hey - it could even be compatible with a large chunk of
the XML that is out there, certainly any I designed.

In the courageous future we allow
the DOM tree species :).

Anything less is no fun, might as well keep XML 1.0.

Christian