   DTD element type "ANY" vs. XML Schema element type "anyType"

Hi,

	I have noticed that the element type ANY from DTDs allows only elements
that have been declared in the DTD while the element type "anyType" from
XML Schema allows any kind of element inside it (even elements that were
not declared inside the Schema).

	I have tested this behavior with XML Spy 2005 and xsv 2.8-1.

	Isn't this against the spirit of XML Schema (which is supposed to allow
more control, not less) ? Why was this subtle difference allowed ? It
seems to confuse even advanced XML users: in "Professional XML" (Wrox) I
found the following phrase:

"It is completely unconstrained and equivalent to the ANY keyword in
DTDs, but in XML Schema it is known as the anyType."

Regards,
Razvan