   RE: [xml-dev] Schema, BNF and parsing

If the stylesheet is simply checking against a grammar, then you would
certainly be better off using a grammar-based validator. There are
essentially three candidates: DTDs, XML Schema, and RelaxNG. Which you
choose depends on all sorts of factors, personal, political and technical.

It might well be the case, of course, that your stylesheet is doing checks
that can't be described simply in a grammar.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/