   RE: [xml-dev] Schema, BNF and parsing

> do you have an example?

Not one that can be published without a considerable amount of work,
unfortunately.

But to take one example, a client was churning out multiple stylesheets to
do different reports on the same data. They were all 90% the same. We found
a way of parameterizing it by reading the sort criteria and grouping
criteria in the form of XPath expressions held in a report definition
document, and evaluating them dynamically within a highly recursive
framework stylesheet, and all of a sudden we could produce any report the
users wanted just by changing a couple of lines in the definition file.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/