   Re: [xml-dev] XRules: Mind your own business rules

>     So, if you're interested in the idea, or have suggestions or comments,
> I'd like to hear it. And, if you think this is the worst thing since
> chocolate bacon, then, well, I'd like to hear it too.

I think it is a great idea-- in fact we have an XML rules engine product
called Semanak that we developed for the mortgage industry and the
concepts are really very similar. We would definitely be interested in
binding to another industry standard dialect. Like Rick Jelliffe said
Schematron ends up handling a good deal of what you need, but there are
calculations that you have to add on to that. Other specifications that
might interest you (as you mentioned web services) is BPEL4WS [1].
Though this might be overkill for what you are doing as it is focused
primarily on process on orchestration.

Cheers,
Jeff Rafter

[1] http://xml.coverpages.org/bpel4ws.html