   RE: [xml-dev] XRules: Mind your own business rules

Well, thank you very *very* much.

> Maybe I could use it in my markup?
>
> I would embed the calculations directly in the xml..

I guess that would work if the structure of the XML is relatively static,
but if you have repeating or recursive elements it gets complicated. And,
I'm guessing that you're using the XML to describe the structure of other
XML documents (something like Examplotron, which is, by the way, a
brilliantly simple schema language IMO). Otherwise, you'll need to find a
way to store the expression and the value from evaluating it in the same
node.

> Actually this whole idea is not dissimilar to linking
> and calculations within spreadsheets. Providing the
> scope stays within the document... I think that it is
> quite a good idea.

True. Like a spreadsheet without the user interface.

Waleed