   Re: [xml-dev] Aggregated content, fact checking, PICS, Atom/RSS (was Rig

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 4:09 am, Ron wrote:
> > and all the ratings in the world are never going
> > to convince the black helicopter crowd [1] that the UN isn't really
> > invading the US.
> >
> > -- Ron
> >
> > [1] For non-US readers, there are a number of people in the US who are
> > convinced the UN is out to conquer the US militarily. For example, see
> > http://sss.org/lbh/helos.html, or just get the T-shirt at
> > http://www.jeffersonstate.com/blackhelicoptercrowd.html. And while it is
> > easy to dismiss such people as lunatics, you might not want to do so to
> > their face in a crowded bar.

Well an alternative conspiracy theory that I personally subscribe to is by
George Orwell from his book 1984, which was written way back in the
1930's.

but from an unbiased position, all I can say is that allied military forces
really do have the world pegged down well. Some of their systems may
even have xml.. (hope not too many :-)

xml is definitely involved in the orwellian conspiracy there somewhere..
even if it is just supplying us with RSS feeds about some horrible war in some
far off country that helps the governments justify their existance...

If we were in any real danger... I doubt we would have so much time to be
p#ssf@rting around with xml...

Danger? isn that just an election slogan these days ? no matter what western
country you are living in....?