   Re: [xml-dev] Xml in audit

Tom,

We are seeing more use of XML for audit purposes, i.e. keeping records
as XML. This makes sense but it can create a lot of data that is
difficult to manage.

Our involvement has been that DeltaXML is being used in this area to
trace changes to data (often an important aspect of audit trails). It
would also be possible to reduce data to the 'variable elements' by
differencing with a standard - the delta then represents just the
variable elements. That way the data is smaller but the original can
always be re-constructed.

There's a bit more about this at [1].

Robin
[1] http://www.deltaxml.com/use-cases/xml-audit-trail.html

--
Robin La Fontaine    DeltaXML: "Change control for XML, in XML"