   Re: [xml-dev] Quiz: static transformation vs. JIT generation

Razvan MIHAIU wrote:

>    After reading your answer I started to better understand the
> question. I always assumed that the result of a static transformation is
> (X)HTML which is of course wrong: the output can be XML, (X)HTML or any
> other UNICODE text.

yep, including pre-generating JSP, PHP, Velocity, whatever.

In other words, you can statically output a page that will be dynamic at
runtime. You generate as much as possible to the runtime templating
language, leaving only those things that truly need to be dynamic for
runtime.

best,
-Rob