   Re: [xml-dev] XSLT with DOM or SAX ?

Hallo Michael, hallo Robert,

So far thank you for the good information.
to clarify our requirements: We habe exactly one stylesheet that is used to serve all requests.

To summarize your approaches:

1. prebuild the internal representation
this is processor-dependent, with Saxon possible and easy.

2. use XInclude and the document() function
It is processor-dependent if the document() function is pre-evaluated or not.
Saxon won't. Others presumable not as well

Anyway, unfortunately there seems to be no processor-independent way.
Wouldn't it be helpfull, if JAXP offers such feature?

Since performance is critical in this case, we tend to the first approach.
Currently we are using XercexJ. Is something similiar also possible with XercexJ?
If not, we will evaluate using Saxon for this transformation.

Kurt Riede
http://www.jroller.com/page/kriede