   Re: [xml-dev] Quiz: static transformation vs. JIT generation

> >are these the same xml formats coming from the various exchanges? knowing
> this
> >would significantly affect my response. Do these exhanges update their data
> at
> >the same or varying rates?
> >

>     I do not think that the input format is the same as the output
> format, otherwise they would not speak about transformations.

I was not suggesting that the input format is the same as the output format, I
was talking about if the input format from every exchange is the same. let us
suppose that these exchanges are sending rss, one might be outputting rss 1.0 an
rdf/xml based format, another rss 2.0 an xml format with the possibility of
extension via namespaces, another rss 0.90 and so forth.

> >agreed however the question specifically mentions generating output XML
> not
> >output Html, which caused me to question several aspects of the proposed
> >problem.
> >
>     You can read XHTML instead of HTML and that would solve the problem.
>

> >Also I would say that JIT transformation also opens possibility of
> >tailoring responses to each client need. Hence my saying that I would
> probably
> >prefer to use JIT, when you have a JIT solution it becomes easier to build
> more
> >services etc. on top of it from my experience.
> >

>     The problem is performance and not the flexibility of your solution.

true, but I don't think the problem was described clearly enough to make a
proper response vis-a-vis performance. I hate it when they do that :)

> >Was this on an IBM quiz? I looked over their sample questions one time. I
> was
> >annoyed.
> >

>     It's a quiz for the IBM 141 exam

I thought so.