   RE: [xml-dev] What Does SOAP/WS Do that A REST System Can't?

Thanks Dare and Michael.  So WS is pre-rolled
and REST is roll-your-own.  The contents of the
package are dealer's choice.

I want to know what others have to say.  I think
you are saying that there is a complexity trade-off;
that is, if you don't need a, b and c, REST
is easier and faster to develop.  OTOH if
you buy WS* does a, b and c and you get to
spend more time on the content as long as you
are happy with vendorZed's implementation of
a, b and c.

<toNoOneSpecifically>
Can we keep this on a technical plane please?  I'm
not trying to start a fight; I need to be wiser about
this topic in terms of trade-offs.  Various flavors
or vendors of WS* aren't the topic of interest to me
unless they critically affect a technical tradeoff.
</toNoOneSpecifically>

len