   Re: [xml-dev] What Does SOAP/WS Do that A REST System Can't?

><toNoOneSpecifically>
>Can we keep this on a technical plane please?  I'm
>not trying to start a fight; I need to be wiser about
>this topic in terms of trade-offs.  Various flavors
>or vendors of WS* aren't the topic of interest to me
>unless they critically affect a technical tradeoff.
></toNoOneSpecifically>

There are several articles discussing this very topic on XML.com.  In
some ways, a REST architectural style, is simpler and easier to
implement than a SOAP interface.  The last web services type application
I developed, was solely based on REST as it didn't need the extra stuff
that SOAP involved, the standard protocols were secure enough.  I might
also suggest taking a look at EBXML and their messaging standards as an
alternative to just SOAP.

Dave