   RE: [xml-dev] What Does SOAP/WS Do that A REST System Can't?

Many would argue that HTTP is broken as designed, yet it is what has
fueled the World Wide Web and ushered in the information age. Since this
is a hypothetical debate since I doubt we are going to see every major
platform support all of WS-* anytime soon, there isn't much point in
going much further down this line of discussion.

> Wrong again. JavaScript's still evil, though perhaps
> marginally less so in browsers where it can't be used to
> bombard the user with pop-ups and spam.

The AJAX hype is in direct contrast to your above statement. I wasn't
making a value judgement about Javascript, I was pointing out that
developers have begun to sing its praises now that it is widely
supported in their favorite browsers and companies they look up to are
using it. This does nothing to change the numerous problems that have
been documented ad nauseum about the problems with building websites
primarily with Javascript for site navigation and interaction.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
A man who can smile when everything has gone wrong has probably thought

rights.