   Re: [xml-dev] What Does SOAP/WS Do that A REST System Can't?

I didn't think I was arguing SOAP v REST.  Tweaking some claims,
perhaps. :)

>   Yes, Digest does include the URI in the hash.

The more correct synopsis would add "but Digest isn't practical"

>   Yes, SLL is tied to the IP address of the server being accessed.

Here the text to add is "or an entity in 'front of' the server
terminating the SSL connection."

> And POE does exactly that, if you miss the reply to your POST
> then do your POST again, if you get a 405 then you know that the
> first POST went through and you can do a GET on the
> same URI to get the response body.

I don't think POE works without first doing a GET so that you
can get the POE-Links URL to tell you where to go if you're
POST doesn't get a response.  Nor does POE have a strong way
to prevent anyone else from getting the response, either.

        /r$