   SOAP for non-RPC messaging application

I am an absolute novice to SOAP/XML and have been
trying to make sense out of the cryptic W3C SOAP
specifications.

I have a requirement to build SOAP/XML based message
interface between two network nodes (not in anyway
related to any webservice kind of stuff).  The requirement
is two have both client/server implementation on both sides
and a typical flow would be like this :

[Node A]                                                                      [Node B]
   |==========TCP Connection Establish=========>|
   |---------------------- Request 1 (SOAP) --------------------->|
   |<-------------------- Response 1 (SOAP)---------------------|
   |<-------------------- Request 2 (SOAP) -----------------------|
   |---------------------- Response 2 (SOAP)------------------->|
   |==========X TCP Connection Closure X========|

Here you can notice that a TCP connection is established first,
SOAP messages are exchanged back and forth, request can be
sent by either node.

I have these questions :

1. Most of the literature I have gone through talks of
SOAP for RPC based applications. Can I use SOAP for
a non-RPC kind of application (for instance purely
for peer-2-peer message  transfer as explained above -
where within the same TCP session multiple request/response
messages are exchanged back and forth.)

2. Is there any License free SOAP framework that allows
me to build a SOAP client cum server to achieve the above.

I would be grateful if you can suggest a way out.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
S.Girisa.

***********************  FSS-Unclassified   ***********************
"DISCLAIMER: This message is proprietary to Flextronics Software
Systems Limited (FSS) and is intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain  privileged or
confidential information and should not be circulated or used for
any purpose other than for what it is intended. If you have received
this message in  error, please notify the originator immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are
strictly  prohibited  from  using, copying, altering, or disclosing
the contents of this message.  FSS  accepts no  responsibility  for
loss or damage arising from the use of  the information transmitted
by this email including damage from virus."