len

From: Elliotte Rusty Harold [mailto:elharo@metalab.unc.edu]

Far too much effort has been spent shouting supposed self-evident truths
about how much faster/smaller/sexier binary formats are. Little in the
way of evidence has been produced, especially when:

1. You rule out all the lossy formats
2. You don't choose the slowest text parser out there to compare to.