   RE: [xml-dev] Re: Language Theorie concerning XML Schema (heavy,at least

> The REC is very clear that dangling
> > references that aren't needed for validation are not an error.
>
> Oh, is that the point the REC is very clear on? ;-}

It's also worth pointing out that this is one of the features in the REC
that has zero coverage in the published test suite.

I've sweated blood and tears trying to get this to work in Saxon - writing
code that's resilient to dangling references is really hard work. And it's
worth pointing out that while the REC is clear that "dangling
references that aren't needed for validation are not an error", it leaves it
up to the implementor to decide which references *are* needed for
validation, and as far as I can see, an implementation that needs *all"
references is conformant according to the letter.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/