   Re: [xml-dev] implications of xpath 2.0 for schematron, XSD

Rick Jelliffe wrote:

> Schematron is expected to become an ISO standard in about 3 months
> now, barring unforeseens.
> I expect it will gently become part of the fabric over the year after
> that. I don't anticipate standards
> bodies will put out their own Schematron schemas particularly, more
> that they will point to
> Schematron as a good way for users to test their additional constraints.

Off -list someone from a  national government which is using Schematron
queried this statement.

I should clarify that I mean I don't expect that ISO, OASIS, W3C will
put out many Schematron schemas: in part because I think they will try
to stretch the existing schema languages to their breaking points
(sometimes less, sometimes more than we might expect) and fudge the rest
in text.   But I do think organizations that actually have to use the
schemas they define, notably governments, web service stakeholders and
multi-department corporations, will find Schematron useful and relieving.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe