   Re: [xml-dev] implications of xpath 2.0 for schematron, XSD

On 5/13/05, Bryan Rasmussen <bry@itnisk.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has given thought to the
> implications of xpath 2.0 for schematron (possible future xpath 2.0 using
> schematron), especially as it relates to the PSVI.

We run Schematron under XSLT 2.0 in order to pick up regex and xPath 2
"for" and it works fine.... :-)

Haven't given much thought to the other issues you raise, in
particular, we don't use W3C Schema. However, the one thing we have
run into is the requirement for some functions (specifically concat)
to have a sequence instance identified in order to evaluate properly
versus previously defaulting to the first instance of a nodeset.
Since we generate our Schematron (can we use "Schematrona" to refer to
multiple Schematron rule sets? :-) from a GUI we've been able to hide
this from the end users, but it took a couple of days to figure out
what was going on....

--
Peter Hunsberger