   RE: [xml-dev] Oracle table to PDF using XML

> I am also tempted to use XQuery for this. I know Saxon
> provides a XQuery processor. Can I somehow use XQuery
> processor to fetch data from Oracle table as XML?

Saxon's XSLT processor has a simple extension to allow you to fetch data
from a JDBC connection and import it into a stylesheet. It's not currently
available with the XQuery processor.

(I wrote this as a demo, and was a little surprised a few weeks ago when
visiting a consulting client to find myself suggesting it as a solution to a
real problem that came up one morning, and having the solution working 15
minutes later...)

There are of course much more heavyweight solutions available, both from
Oracle and from third parties, such as DataDirect's recent XQuery product
announcements.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/