   Re: [xml-dev] Using Me Using You

  • To: "Bullard, Claude L \(Len\)" <len.bullard@intergraph.com>, XML Developers List <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Using Me Using You
  • From: Jason Aaron Osgood <mrosgood@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 14:28:11 -0700 (PDT)
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys

Hi Claude L (Len) Bullard-

> http://news.com.com/Phishers+get+personal/2100-7349-5720672.html
>
> This is a predictable evolution of heavy web use.  The more
> we use it, the more the bad guys can know about us.  Of course,
> the next step in personalization will be text analysis of lists
> such as this one to make more detailed profiles and predict
> behaviors.  That one isn't hard.

Everything there is to know about you is already known.  It's the new
reality.  Most everyone is grumpy about it.  I'm actually kind of
jazzed.  In my worldview, the single biggest obstacle to global peace
is the inability to detect and punish cheaters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheating

Phishing becomes a little bit less attractive when victims have the
option of confronting the perps.

Of course, the current connundrum is the assymetrical relationship
between those who have the information (IRS, ChoicePoint, WalMart, GOP,
etc.) and the rest of us whose assigned job is to be compliant
prosumers to be exploited for profit.

> More and more of the smart independent and capable people begin
> to withdraw from the web and create better means to innovate and
> insert technology without exposing themselves to it's childishness
> and predatory behaviors.  ...
>
> It's dreary, I admit it, but I think it imminent and unavoidable.

Railing against the inevitability of life?  All complex adaptive
systems expand, contract, differentiate, die out, spawn new tendrills,
etc.  Cultural evolution is inevitable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bifurcation_diagram
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_evolution

There's currently 6.4b on the planet.  It doesn't bother me that most
of them don't want a close, personal relationship with me.  It saves me
the effort of telling them all to piss off.  I'm grateful for the gated
communities.  In an ideal world, all the pathological antisocial people
would all spontaneously opt to take themselves out of circulation.

Cheers, Jason Aaron Osgood / Seattle WA

zappini.blogspot.com