len

From: Michael Champion [mailto:michaelc.champion@gmail.com]

Perhaps this is the the same sense of "shape" --

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?SoftwareHasShape

'Software has shape.

A program or other coherent collection of software (e.g. a framework
or a class library) is an object (lower case) that exists in a
multi-dimensional space. We can view that object through any of many
windows.