   Document oriented experience reports anyone?

  • To: XML Developers List <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Document oriented experience reports anyone?
  • From: Michael Champion <michaelc.champion@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 15:29:51 -0400

I heard from my colleague Dave Remy, who is on the program committee
for the W3C Schema Experience Workshop in a couple of weeks, that most
of the experience reports they've received talk about data-oriented
use cases and not document-oriented use cases.  It's apparently not
too late to submit an experience report or attend the workshop
(although it's probably too late to get on the formal program).

Once again I'd encourage people to write down a page or two of
thoughts and send them in.  See
http://www.w3.org/2005/03/xml-schema-user-cfp for details.

[obligatory disclaimer here] Maybe  lots of people have had the
experience of building document-oriented apps with XSD, but it was so
painful no one wants to remember it and write it down. [duck]
Nevertheless, the process might be therapeutic, and W3C need to hear
the experiences, Nobody is going to whitewash or suppress unfavorable
reports, I'm quite sure that W3C, WS-I, vertical standards bodies, and
the vendors have open minds about what the reality is and what is to
be done about it.