   Re: [xml-dev] Document oriented experience reports anyone?

Dear Michael and Paul,

I have used XMLSchema to describe document metadata that my memeio project
will publish (http://www.memeio.com).

The schema is not a first order document description since memeio is designed
to publish documents in many formats - the memeio-xml schema does describe
alternate formats in which the document is published.

The memeio and the schema deals primarily with issues of document immediacy,
intent and concept distinction. The next release includes the document
structure (annotated contents), updates description, and deliberation schema.

You can find the draft schema at http://xml.memeio.org.

I have to say that my XSD experience is a good one. I took a pragmatic
approach to its development since I do not have the time to get into the
corners of it and kept it simple. I have some questions about recursive
types and I did not use attributes which simplifies use my and generation
significantly.

The parsing application is still in development so consider my work a
work in progress - I will not consider it done until I have completed
the parsing and presentation side in a project using the schema -
which will be at http://www.firstsay.org.

I am openly soliciting comments. I plan to be at the workshop.

Sincerely,
Steven
--
Dr. Steven Ericsson Zenith