On 7/12/05, bill palmer <palmer@execpc.com> wrote:
> >>Umm, I think you missed the point: you don't need any of this, you can
> already do this (and far more) using XSLT. Eg, you can reference
> (include) an XSLT from a document, you can add in-line XSLT to a
> document as a (semi-proprietary) macro format, or add a "document" to
> an XSLT stylesheet as a variable (or include)....<<
>
> That sounds promising. The whole idea is that attribute heavy flat xml has an
> ... by the simplest most obvious means possible.
>
> This leads me to ask ...using the <record> elements in my original example...
> can you show some actual XSLT markup supporting this line of thinking?

I see David has beat me to this,  unless you want a version that does
it all with a single stylesheet (and perhaps fixes his trivial bug
with the element name)? Either way, I'd agree that learning more about
XSLT might be the way to go if you're really interested in generic
data transform techniques...

--
Peter Hunsberger