   Re: [xml-dev] Interesting pair of comments (was Re: [xml-dev] Schema Ex

Original Message From: "Elliotte Harold"
> Paul Downey wrote:
>
>> Which I think, proves my point. Whilst I agree that mixed content is
>> core - from my perspective it's what XML is all about, but for many
>> people serialising their data, it's a nuisance and definitely not as
>> core as xsi:nill.
>
> The difference is that mixed content is  core part of XML itself. xsi:nil
> is only relevant in the context of one particular schema language.

Mixed is a core feature that XML supports, but does that mean you have to
make use of it as a core feature for an application specific XML syntax
specification language (e.g. a data oriented schema profile)?

Pete.
Pete Cordell
Tech-Know-Ware Ltd
                         for XML to C++ data binding visit