   XSLT processor internals (was RE: [xml-dev] Another XML parsing idea?)

  • To: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>, 'Pete Cordell' <petexmldev@tech-know-ware.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: XSLT processor internals (was RE: [xml-dev] Another XML parsing idea?)
  • From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:11:45 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Mike for your thoughts.. Your views are precise
and accurate. Now I give up this topic.

I start an unrelated topic. How do you implement
xsl:template name="something" and its required
instruction xsl:call-template in the XSLT processor.
i.e. what kind of data structures do you use in Java
and what kind of control flow takes place. Am just
curious since many days..

--- Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:

> It's entirely possible, but it's also unnecessary,
> since there are perfectly
> good Java parsers around. If you have to run
> applications on a heterogeneous
> platform, then you want to put the boundary where
> the amount of chat is
> lowest.
> Michael Kay
> http://www.saxonica.com/