   XSLT processor internals (was RE: [xml-dev] Another XML parsing idea?)

  • To: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>, 'Pete Cordell' <petexmldev@tech-know-ware.com>, xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: XSLT processor internals (was RE: [xml-dev] Another XML parsing idea?)
  • From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:11:45 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Mike for your thoughts.. Your views are precise
and accurate. Now I give up this topic.

I start an unrelated topic. How do you implement
xsl:template name="something" and its required
instruction xsl:call-template in the XSLT processor.
i.e. what kind of data structures do you use in Java
and what kind of control flow takes place. Am just
curious since many days..

Regards,
Mukul

--- Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com> wrote:

> It's entirely possible, but it's also unnecessary,
> since there are perfectly
> good Java parsers around. If you have to run
> applications on a heterogeneous
> platform, then you want to put the boundary where
> the amount of chat is
> lowest.
>
> Michael Kay
> http://www.saxonica.com/