   Re: [xml-dev] Relaxed - new HTML validation service based on RELAX NG +

On Jul 24, 2005, at 00:54, Jirka Kosek wrote:

> http://badame.vse.cz/validator/

> "Relaxed" is an easy to use HTML validation application which is
> special in the sense it doesn't use the official W3C DTD's. It rather
> validates HTML documents using schema definitions written in Relax NG
> with embedded Schematron patterns. This is an extremely expressive
> combination of languages which enables validation of additional
> restrictions which can not be expressed using DTD. This includes most
> restrictions specified in the W3C HTML 4.01 and the W3C XHTML 1.0
> recommendation and some restrictions from WAI WCAG 1.0 Guidelines."

Coincidentally, just yesterday I started writing an experimental HTML5
parser for my RELAX NG validation service

You seem to be using TagSoup, which corrects many errors before the
document gets to the validator. Isn't that a problem?

Henri Sivonen