   Re: [xml-dev] Relaxed - new HTML validation service based on RELAXNG + S

Henri Sivonen wrote:

> Coincidentally, just yesterday I started writing an experimental HTML5
> parser for my RELAX NG validation service
> (http://hsivonen.iki.fi/validator/).

I will take a look. Thanks for info.

> You seem to be using TagSoup, which corrects many errors before the
> document gets to the validator. Isn't that a problem?

Well, the primary focus of validator were XHTML pages that are parsed
directly by XML parser. TagSoup was added latter to have ability to
process HTML documents. Relaxed thus will not catch errors like
unbalanced tags that are corrected by TagSoup, but you will still get
very useful messages about wrong datatypes, etc. that are not
expressible in HTML DTD.

But you are right that this limitation should be clearly stated when
HTML page is preprocessed by TagSoup.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature