   Re: [xml-dev] Is Web 2.0 the new XML?

* Jim Melton <jim.melton@acm.org> [2005-08-12 13:00]:
> Len, et al,
>
> At 8/12/2005 08:21 AM, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> >Without digging into the details, I welcome this
> >approach.  XML Query is a major addition to the toolkit
> >and providing test suites before fielding gets too
> >far along is the best way to ensure interoperability
> >even if it slows down development and fielding.
>
> Thanks (speaking as a co-chair of the XML Query WG).
>

> >Do you think the test cases cover the right sources
> >of problems?  I would hope 7000 cases would suffice.
>
> Which leads me to the conclusion: 7,000 isn't enough because the existing
> 7,000 tests don't cover all of the features.  One might claim, and get
> support for the claim, that 7,000 would be enough if spread appropriately
> across all of the features, but few would claim that 7,000 is "large
> enough" that the remaining features should go completely untested ;^)

    Probably already in place:

    Why not accept submissions of tests from XQuery users? Set up a
    WWW interface that accepts submissions and can actually execute
    them. Discuss the results on a news group.

    The results of user discussions could produce tests.

--
Alan Gutierrez - alan@engrm.com
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html