   RE: [xml-dev] wc in XML document

And at first I thought Dave wanted to develop an XML water closet.

>One approach is to write a bash script(or similar) that embeds
>an XSL-T stylesheet that extracts all text nodes from an XML
>document(modified identity transform), which the script subsequently
>feeds into `wc'. (No?)

This is what I do when I'm checking the word count of articles. It gives me
the chance to use one of my favorite stylesheets:

version="1.0"/>

And people say that XSLT is verbose.

Bob DuCharme   www.snee.com/bob       <bob@
snee.com> weblog on linking-related topics:
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/1191