   Re: [xml-dev] basic qs - how is xml more flexible for exchangingdata?

basudeb gupta wrote:

>Still the fact remains that XML is nothing but a
>different form of comma delimited raw text data.

no it's not. not in any way, shape, or form.

<rant>
comma delimited struggles with position dependence, embedded commas (you
need " as well as ,), multilingual issues, number representations etc.
it's probably the worst format ever invented.

but it's popular.

it's like the old sorting problem - bubble sorts are simple and popular
and totally useless for significant data sets. csv is much the same -
simple, popular, and totally useless for most of the planet.
</rant>

begin:vcard
fn:Rick  Marshall
n:Marshall;Rick