   Re: [xml-dev] Automated schema migration

You best bet is probably to look at some of the existing Schema Design
methodologies and their corresponding schemas.   Instead of trying to
re-invent the wheel, you might find something that you can use in OASIS
UBL repository or the OAG's (Open Application Group).   OAG definitely
promotes component reuse, and provides a standard BOD design methodology
that can be applied to your various business requirements.  If you are
in the electronics industry you might want to check out RosettaNet and
see if their messages will work.

The advantage to using these message formats is that you start to
standardize the messages, and your trading partners or internal business
entities can start communicating in a standard format.  It all depends
on how much leway you have in redesigning your existing Schemas.

Dave