   Re: [xml-dev] Automated schema migration

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Automated schema migration
  • From: "Renaud Waldura" <renaud+xml@waldura.com>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 16:06:39 -0800

Michael and others:

Thank you for your answers. I understand that it is not be possible to infer
relationships between 2 schemas, but I was referring to a transformation
between schemas.

Let me re-express my initial message, because I feel it might have been
understood. (I also have a thick skull, so I apologize if I'm the one who's
not understanding you.)

Say I have a schema for the old document set, and a transformation that
creates the new schema from the old -- a transformation between schemas.
This transformation creates the new schema from the old.

Could I somehow derive a transformation between documents from this
transformation between schemas?

Thanks again,

--Renaud

PS: I didn't know about mapping tools, I'll look into them.