   Re: [xml-dev] ISO schemaTron

At 2005-11-23 12:13 +0000, Fraser Goffin wrote:
>Does anyone have an update on schemaTron ISO ratification ?

ISO/IEC 19757-3 Schematron is currently past the FCD stage and is
awaiting the next FDIS stage as indicated in the up-to-date committee
Secretariat Report that is publicly viewable at all times:

  http://www.jtc1sc34.org/document/secretariat_temp.html#matrix  (a large page)
  http://www.jtc1sc34.org/document/secretariat_temp.html#is19757-3

>I currently use the XSLT reference implementation for 1.5, but like
>many others I suspect, am very interested in some of the proposed
>new features such as abstract patterns, let and include.

I found a bug in the 1.5 implementation w.r.t. using attributes as a
context, so I've posted a modified version of 1.5 here:

   http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/ubl/200511/msg00103.html

>If my XSLT skills were better I might have a go at creating new
>'skeleton' and XML ouput implementations, but alas they are not
>really up to it.

Would that any of us could make the time to do so.

>Does anyone out there have plans to produce an ISO XSLT
>implementation any time soon :-) ??
>
>I also note that the schemaTron-love-in seems to have falled in
>dis(mis)-use of late ??

For private reasons outside the control of ISO or the private running
of the Schematron web site, there have been unanticipated delays that
are not related to technical decisions or even standards process.  We
are all being patient while we await things to get back to the normal
stride.  We recognize the anticipation out there for moving on this,
but the delays really are unexpected and out of the control and
influence of the internal processes.

I, too, am awaiting things to proceed (and I'm getting pressure from
all sides in my role as SC34 Secretariat Manager) and when all is
back to normal in this regard, announcements will be
made.  Unfortunately this cannot be rushed.

Thanks for your patience.

--
G. Ken Holman                    Crane Softwrights Ltd.
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 34 Secretariat  Standards Council of Canada

--
Upcoming XSLT/XSL-FO hands-on courses:  Denver,CO March 13-17,2006
Crane Softwrights Ltd.          http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/x/