   RE: [xml-dev] XML to comma or tab separated file

> We are trying to determine the best way to convert an XML
> file into a comma
> or tab separated file.

Since your data is hierarchic rather than flat, and CSV is unsuited to
hierarchic data, one wonders why you are doing this? That's not an idle
question: one can't answer your question without knowing what you are hoping
to achieve.

Some people use multiple delimiters: newline for the records, comma for the
fields, vertical bar for the subfields. Others solve the problem more
elegantly by using XML.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

The problem is that the XML file