   RE: [xml-dev] XML to comma or tab separated file

> We are trying to determine the best way to convert an XML
> file into a comma
> or tab separated file.

Since your data is hierarchic rather than flat, and CSV is unsuited to
hierarchic data, one wonders why you are doing this? That's not an idle
question: one can't answer your question without knowing what you are hoping
to achieve.

Some people use multiple delimiters: newline for the records, comma for the
fields, vertical bar for the subfields. Others solve the problem more
elegantly by using XML.

Michael Kay

The problem is that the XML file