   Re: [xml-dev] Best Practice for URI construction?

Hi, Michael

Am 14.12.2005 um 17:46 schrieb Michael Kay:

> It's the metaphysical use of
> URIs to identify non-computer things that I have problems with.

If I use (1) a computer-based alphanumerical serial number for
identifying e.g. each piece of equipment an enterprise owns or (2) a
uniform resource identifier for the same task - well, it's an
identifier inside the computer identifying a non-computer thing.
There is no metaphysical use, I think.

Or what do you mean? Sorry, if I don't understand.

greetings
Klaus