   Re: [xml-dev] Possible Problem Messages

On 1/18/06, Fraser Goffin <goffinf@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Recently I have received a number of emails that have been sent to xml-dev
> which look dubious.

It's quite possible that they didn't come from the list but rather
that the headers where forged.  Just because an e-mail says it's form
xml-dev doesn't make it true.  If you now how, check the headers on
any suspicious e-mail before opening it.

I haven't seen any such messages, but then again I use Gmail for
mailing list stuff and it does such a great job of dumping stuff to
the Spam folder (where I just delete everything with only minimal
review) that I may not have noticed them...  Gmail (and other e-mail
programs) will alert you if the header doesn't match the reporttede
"from:" field which helps alot with such things.

--
Peter Hunsberger