Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "XML Developers List" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Reference to an ENTITY
- From: "Vines, John \(Civ, ARL/CISD\)" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 15:14:14 -0500
- Thread-index: AcYd/hTtkGaLFznXSV+2I2oTzLw2wQ==
- Thread-topic: Reference to an ENTITY
Title: Reference to an ENTITY
I am working on a Schema and DTD for one of our data formats. I need to include an "if/else" type statement for one of my elements. The data can be stored directly in the XML file as CDATA or it can be stored in an external entity, an HDF5 file.
Here is the element I am working on:
<!--Lowest level element, describes the data that is present in the XDMF dataset-->
<!ELEMENT DataStructure (How do I get to my data?, XML(internal) or ENTITY(External)>
Name CDATA #IMPLIED
Rank CDATA #IMPLIED
Dimensions CDATA #REQUIRED
Precision (4 | 8) "4"
Format (XML | HDF | Xml | Hdf) "XML"
DataType (CHAR | FLOAT | INT | COMPOUND | Char | Float | Int | Compound) "Float"
Again I'm new to XML and am not sure how to do this, so please forgive me if I ask the same type of question a couple of times.
Thanks again for any help,
Scientific Visualization Team