   Re: [xml-dev] Text to XML

Hi Sharma,

sharma.tarun@wipro.com wrote:

 > I have a requirement in which I need to convert some text output of some
 > command into xml so that I can parse it with a parser based upon some
 > schema. I also have xml file(annotation) for that output.  Can anybody
 > suggest me some already available tool for it?

If you only have to validate the syntax of the text, why transform it to
XML first and not validating the text itself?
You might consider to adapt an existing grammar of JavaCC [1].
There is an introduction example parsing some text (postscript) [2].
JavaCC is quite powerful, it was used for example to test the grammar of
XPointer / XQuery during their development by the W3C.
But if you only have a XML Schema for validation the approach Bob
suggested might be easier. Depends as well on your existing knowledge of
the techniques.

- Svante

[1] - https://javacc.dev.java.net/
[2] - http://www.adtmag.com/java/article.asp?id=3608