   Re: [xml-dev] Invitation to metadata dictionary wiki - meaningfuel.org

Hi,

Am 28.01.2006 um 14:34 schrieb Elliotte Harold:

> One of the revelations of Wikipedia is that crowds are pretty
> effective at self-selecting and self-policing. A random crowd would
> not be effective at picking surgical tools. A self-selected group
> of people interested enough in surgical tools to participate in a
> discussion of surgical tools likely would be; and in fact probably
> would do better than any one individual would, no matter well
> educated and credentialed.

Let's assume: I have to go to a hospital to get a surgical treatment.
Then I'm inside the operational theater. On the one side there is a
"well educated and credential" surgeon. On the other side there ist a
"self-selected group of people interested enough in surgical tools to
participate in a discussion of surgical tools". Whom will I count on,
when it comes to the selection of the proper surgical tool for
treating ME?

Additional information: I hope that I will come home safe and sound.

There is this wonderful word: When the rubber hits the ground ... ;-)
%-))

Klaus